skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- December 2014 – Support of Toys for Tots (Jefferson, Shelby, Oldham and Spencer Counties) through individual personal toy donations by MCCCK officers and directors during a Christmas related social event.
- December 2014 – Financial support of Marine Corps League, Kentuckiana Detachment #729 (Louisville) organizational effort to assist Marine veteran (and his family) with unexpected extraordinary medical expenses associated with multiple surgeries and critical care of an infant child.
- December 2014 – Cooperative acquisition of grant totaling $20,000 from charitable foundation with Kentucky ties, for the benefit of Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund (IMSFF), which was matched dollar-for-dollar by the Bob and Renee Parsons Foundation (GoDaddy.com), thereby resulting in $40,000 support of injured and wounded Marines nationwide. With this matched grant, the Marine Corps Coordinating Council of Kentucky (MCCCK) has now been responsible, either directly or indirectly, in generating over $544,000 in support of the IMSFF and its laudable mission, since 2008.
- December 2014 – Continued funding of a college or university “Marine Corps Coordinating Council of Kentucky Scholarship,” to be awarded annually to a worthy son or daughter of a Kentucky Marine, under the auspices of the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation (MCSF), which has been “honoring Marines by educating their children” since its inception in 1962. The Marine Corps Coordinating Council of Kentucky is proud to partner with the MCSF for the fifth consecutive year (2011-2012) (2012-2013) (2013-2014) (2014-2015) (2015-2016) in this truly important extension of its motto “Marines Serving Marines.
- November 2014 – Funding support of Marine Corps Birthday celebrations hosted by the Marine Corps Recruiting Station Louisville (Louisville), Military Police “Alpha” Company (Lexington), and “Echo” Company, 4th Tank Battalion (Fort Knox).
- November 2014 – Establishment and funding of the “Spirit of the Corps” award to honor an individual, at the exclusive discretion of the MCCCK Board of Directors, whose life exemplifies the core values of the United States Marine Corps: Honor, Courage and Commitment.
- November 2014 – Funding support of Women Marines Association (WMA) Louisville Chapter compassionate hospitality project, providing free coffee, soup, and snacks to families of terminally ill veterans visiting with their loved ones in the Hospice Unit of the Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center, Louisville, Kentucky.
- November 2014 – Receipt and transfer of individual donations from Marine Corps Coordinating Council of Kentucky (MCCCK) members, totaling $35,000, to the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund (IMSFF) in response to a second annual challenge issued by Thomas E. Bulleit, Jr., a former Navy corpsman and MCCCK Sustaining Member, who served with Marines during Vietnam War. Funds to be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Bob and Renee Parsons Foundation (GoDaddy.com), for a total contribution of $70,000.
- November 2014 – Funding support and cooperative partial sponsorship of annual Marine Corps Birthday Breakfast at Lexington, Kentucky, attended by 120 active duty, reserve and veteran Marines from throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky, who honored Cpl Matthew R. Bradford, USMC (Ret) of Nicholasville, Kentucky, with the inaugural MCCCK “Spirit of the Corps” award.
- September 2014 – Provided direct financial tuition support of three (3) wounded Kentucky Marines, enabling them and their families to participate in a physical and emotional therapeutic Wounded Warrior Deer Hunt at Life Adventure Center, Versailles, Kentucky.
- July 2014 – Facilitated a dedicated contribution ($6,000) from MCCCK members and Marine Corps community at large, inclusive of Marine Corps League detachments, to assist the family of a slain Kentucky Marine with expenses related to his funeral and burial.
- July 2014 – Through established liaison, facilitated the planning and coordination of a formal promotion ceremony for the Marine Corps Recruiting Station Louisville, held on the grounds of beautiful Keeneland Racecourse in Lexington, Kentucky.
- June 2014 – Encouraged and facilitated the inclusion of a local Marine Corps veteran’s personal documented account of World War II amphibious invasions of Bougainville, Guam, and Okinawa, as well as the Japanese surrender at Tsingtao, China, in the archives of the Marine Corps History Division, Alfred Gray Marine Corps Research Center, Quantico, Virginia.
- May 2014 – Assisted a Marine Corps historical research project seeking to locate and interview veterans who served in Company D, 16th Infantry Battalion, 4th Marine Division (Reserve) and other predecessor units of E Company, 4th Tank Battalion, 4th Marine Division (Reserve), currently headquartered at Fort Knox, Kentucky, for publication of a documented history to be published in 2015 by the University of Kentucky Press, Lexington, Kentucky.
- May 2014 – Facilitated a dedicated contribution ($4,000) from MCCCK members, for the benefit of a local Marine Corps veteran at Louisville, Kentucky, whose young daughter is undergoing treatment for leukemia, resulting in extraordinary medical related expenses.
- May 2014 – Funding support of Louisville Armed Forces Committee (LAFC) Annual Armed Forces Day Dinner at Louisville, Kentucky, during which local military personnel of all our armed forces are recognized and honored for individual achievements associated with their service. Complimentary dinners were provided to Marine Corps League, Kentuckiana Detachment; Montford Point Marine Association, Louisville Chapter; and Women Marines Association (Louisville Chapter); as well as sponsorship of Patriot Award for Louisville area “Marine of the Year.”
- April 2014 – Funding support of academic scholarship established by Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (MCJROTC), Seneca High School, Louisville, Kentucky, in memory of LCpl Robert A. Lynch, USMC, Seneca High School, MCJROTC alumnus killed in action on July 24, 2007 in Iraq.
- April 2014 – Funding support of Officer Selection Teams (Lexington)(Cincinnati), MCRSL, sponsored and hosted Colonel “Rich” Higgins Memorial Mess Night, major officer candidate recruiting effort focusing on regional colleges and universities, to include food, beverages, and awards, primarily through individual member participation and generosity of those unable to attend, as well as dedicated award sponsorships.
- March 2014 – Funding support of Military Entrance and Processing Station (MEPS), Louisville, Kentucky, reception associated with the dedication of a permanent wall display commemorating the service of Dakota L. Meyer, Sgt, USMC (Medal of Honor – Afghanistan), who processed through MEPS, Louisville, Kentucky, pursuant to his recruitment by Recruiting Station Louisville and subsequent enlistment.
- March 2014 – Funding support of the Montford Point Marine Association, Chapter #22, Louisville, Kentucky, Covington – Hagan Scholarships, awarded annually to deserving college bound African – American students.
- January 2014 – Monetary support of Marine Corps League, Kentuckiana Detachment #729 (Louisville) organizational effort to assist Marine veteran (and his family) recovering from debilitating illness resulting in his anticipated long-term unemployment, unexpected medical expenses, and difficulty meeting routine living expenses.