skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- December 2016 – Support of Toys for Tots (Jefferson, Shelby, Oldham and Spencer Counties) through individual personal toy donations by past and present MCCCK officers and directors during a Christmas related social event, as well as individual member volunteer support of Toys for Tots efforts to collect toys during Louisville’s “Holiday in the City.”
- December 2016 – Provided financial support of local Marine Corps veteran, suffering debilitating life-threatening illness, negating his ability to serve as Louisville Metro Police Department officer since June 2016. Medical treatment requires multiple visits to Cleveland Clinic, with travel expenses being borne by family.
- December 2016 – Continued funding of a college or university “Marine Corps Coordinating Council of Kentucky Scholarship,” to be awarded annually to a worthy son or daughter of a Kentucky Marine, under the auspices of the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation (MCSF), which has been “honoring Marines by educating their children” since its inception in 1962. The Marine Corps Coordinating Council of Kentucky is proud to partner with the MCSF for the seventh consecutive year (2011-2017) in this truly important extension of its motto “Marines Serving Marines.”
- December 2016 – Established liaison relationship with local Marine For Life (M4L) representative to assist transitioning Marines in obtaining meaningful employment in civilian sector.
- November 2016 – Provided direct financial tuition support of seven (7) wounded Kentucky Marines, enabling them and their families to participate in a physical and emotional therapeutic Warrior Adventure Program – Deer Hunt at Life Adventure Center, Versailles, Kentucky.
- November 2016 – Facilitated a direct referral/connection of Recruiting Station Louisville with the Semper Fi Fund, for possible financial support of active duty Marine Corps recruiter suffering from serious life-threatening illness.
- November 2016 – Provided media advisory support of Marine Corps League, Kentuckiana Detachment #729, Louisville for dedication of Marine House and Bronze Star medal presentation ceremony.
- November 2016 – Funding support and cooperative partial sponsorship of annual Marine Corps Birthday Breakfast at Lexington, Kentucky, attended by 121 active duty, reserve and veteran Marines from throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky, who honored Thomas E. Bulleit, Jr., Navy corpsman and Vietnam veteran, as well as all Navy corpsmen, and hosted Wendy Lethin, co-founder of Semper Fi Fund, who traveled from California to thank Kentucky Marines for their generous support.
- October 2016 – Funding support of Marine Corps Birthday celebrations hosted by the Marine Corps Recruiting Station Louisville (Louisville), Military Police “Alpha” Company (Lexington), and “Echo” Company, 4th Tank Battalion (Fort Knox).
- October 2016 – Provided direct financial tuition support of seven (7) wounded Kentucky Marines, enabling them and their families to participate in a physical and emotional therapeutic Warrior Adventure Program – Deer Hunt at Life Adventure Center, Versailles, Kentucky.
- August 2016 – Financial support of Marine Corps League, Kentuckiana Detachment #729 (Louisville) organizational effort to assist with the purchase and erection of a flagpole, from which a Marine Corps flag will fly over the Gold Star Families Monument at the Kentucky Veterans Cemetery Central at Radcliff, Kentucky.
- August 2016 – Provided financial support of an active duty Marine Corps recruiter, suffering from serious physical condition possibly resulting in medical retirement, with satisfaction of multiple medical and child care expenses associated with serious illness of spouse, requiring surgery, hospitalization and lengthy recovery.
- July 2016 – Financial support of family of local Marine Corps veteran, who was tragically killed by accidental discharge of firearm while vacationing in Florida, to ensure satisfaction of extraordinary expenses associated with funeral and burial.
- May 2016 – Funding support of Louisville Armed Forces Committee (LAFC) annual Armed Forces Day Dinner at Louisville, Kentucky, during which local military personnel of all our armed forces are recognized and honored for individual achievements associated with their service. Complimentary dinners are provided to representatives of the Marine Corps League, Kentuckiana Detachment; Montford Point Marine Association, Louisville Chapter; and Women Marines Association (Louisville Chapter); as well as sponsorship of a Patriot Award honoring a Louisville area “Marine of the Year.”
- April 2016 – Funding support of academic scholarship established by Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (MCJROTC), Seneca High School, Louisville, Kentucky, in memory of LCpl Robert A. Lynch, USMC, Seneca High School, MCJROTC alumnus killed in action on July 24, 2007 in Iraq, marking the ninth annual presentation of same since May 15, 2008.
- March 2016 – Financial support of Marine Corps League, Department of Kentucky, organizational efforts to assist Marine veteran (and his family) with purchase of a wheel chair accessible van for the transportation of a severely handicapped child.
- March 2016 – Funding support of Officer Selection Teams (Lexington)(Cincinnati), MCRSL, sponsored and hosted Colonel “Rich” Higgins Memorial Mess Night, major officer candidate recruiting effort focusing on regional colleges and universities, to include food, beverages, and awards, primarily through individual member participation and generosity of those unable to attend, subsidizing grant, as well as dedicated award sponsorships.
- March 2016 – Funding support of the Montford Point Marine Association, Chapter #22, Louisville, Kentucky, Covington – Hagan Scholarships, awarded annually to deserving college bound African – American students.
- January 2016 – Provided historical research support to local Marine Corps veteran F-4 pilot, seeking to identify and meet with trapped and grounded helicopter crews, infantry reaction troops, and reconnaissance personnel, for whom lifesaving air support was delivered during a North Vietnamese Army attack on January 26 – 27, 2016 on the South Vietnam – Laotian border.